Saturday, April 21, 2007

You just have to laugh or you'll cry

So, just about every day something happens that is completely out of my control or something that happens because I have "mommy brain" (the inability to remember things, spell things correctly, or show up on time to things). For example, last Wed. I woke up to Hannah crying. I went ahead and got up- I took a shower and spent an hour getting ready to go to Bible Study. I was exhausted, but excited to go to Bible Study. Right before we left, Hannah spit up all over me, so I had to change. Then I drove all the way to church only to see no cars in the parking lot. I called my friend who told me there was no Bible Study due to spring break. I just started crying. I had just put so much effort in getting there only to find out it was all in vain. So, I made a resolution not to let things like that get to me. If they are going to happen just about everyday, I am going to have to learn how to effectively deal with it. So, here is my success story. On Saturday I was going to my friend Shanna's baby shower. I was bringing meatballs. I started preparing them in the crockpot four hours early, so that they would be perfect. I called my mom to get the exact instructions. I gave Brian all the instructions for watching Hannah, and then hauled the gift and crock pot to Brian's car. I get down the block when the crock pot completely falls over and all the meatballs fall out into Brian's car. So what did I do??- I just told myself well that is just what happened. I turned around, got the meatballs out, and went to the shower empty handed. So, of course I got there late, but in a good mood. Hopefully, I'll save myself from becoming a grumpy old women if I keep it up.

Also, we are in the process of converting to cloth diapers. I got a great deal on Hannah's new big girl car seat. Her two bottom teeth are coming in, and she is very very ACTIVE. I'll post pictures soon.

No comments: