Thursday, February 14, 2008

Valentine's Day











We had a great day today. I started by running 10 kilometers (6.2 miles) in preparation for the River Run. I mention that because I am really proud of myself. Me and Hannah went to get an oil change at our favorite mechanic's. I was glad we had that scheduled b/c my car didn't start until the sixth try this morning. I guess it is the starter connector (whatever that is). He said I could wait to get it fixed- BUT probably my car won't start one day- so I am going to get it fixed next week. I love my mechanic- WASP automotive. We ate Chick-Fil-A and talked to an amazing woman while we waited. Gwen has been a teacher for 30 years and she was our angel for the day. Hannah loved her and she read and talked to Hannah a bunch. She even gave her a hug good bye. Hannah took a nap while I read the Brothers Karamozov- which is really picking up. I have to confess I skipped a little bit of the book- which I never do. I also did a few chores. For our Valentines dinner we had homemade brocolli cheese soup with ham and cheese sandwiches. I even made the bread for the sandwiches from strach! Then we had a family event and decorated cupcakes. What a great day! Oh yeah and Hannah did not eat one cupcake!

2 comments:

Teresa said...

I am training for a long run too! It looks like you had a great Valentines day! We are coming in NC in May. Hopefully we can see you!

Teresa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.