Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Jury Duty

So I have officially been summoned to jury duty. When I got the letter in the mail, I thought, "I'll just tell them I have an 18 month old and I have to take care of her... surely, they will let me off." So, I wrote my excuse and sent it in thinking I wouldn't hear about it again. Then I got the letter back saying my summons was still effective. So, I called thinking, "surely, they will let me off when I explain my situation." Well, apparently there is no way around it. I don't think I was very nice and happy on the phone when I realized I could not get out of it. I persisted with my story to no avail. I was able to get my summons deferred for six months, and she did mention that possibly they might not need me on that particular date. So we will see. My new jury duty date is August 26th. Brian thinks jury duty sounds fun and that I should be looking forward to it:) Maybe so. I feel a little bad about getting annoyed about the situation. I definitely would not want to be the lady who answers the phone for people who have been summoned for jury duty!

4 comments:

Erin said...

I actually got to serve on a jury when I was summoned. There was a lot of boring downtime, but it was interesting to be a part of the process. You can't complain about OJ walking free if you won't serve! (That's a sort of dated reference, isn't it).

Anonymous said...

Take a good book and enjoy the wait. It is a chance to meet strangers who might be interesting.

Anonymous said...

...really, by then you will have a 2 year old.

Diane Taylor said...

Do you want the FMOG to call for you? :)