Friday, October 21, 2011

Waynesville, NC

In 1998 my parents bought a cabin in Waynesville, NC.   A real cozy cabin on a mountain in Waynesville.  Over the years we have enjoyed so many great times at the cabin.  Since Brian has been working a lot, I decided to drive the girls over to Waynesville to give him some time to work without worrying about us.  Hannah is also taking a few days off of school.  It wasn't the ideal drive because it was raining the whole time and I am a tense driver, but it wasn't too bad.  The girls slept the majority of the trip while I listened to Tim Keller sermons and my brother's new CD.  I honestly think Tim Keller has been the most influential speaker in my life over the past 5 years.  There are so many spiritual truths and passages of scripture that I understand more because of his sermons.  We have also gotten to hear him speak 3 or 4 times at his church in New York.  Every time I hear him, I feel enriched.  I am grateful for his ministry and boldness in teaching the Word of God.  I also listened to Franklin's new CD a few times.  It is really good (I may be a little biased) and brought back lots of great memories of growing up and listening to his music.  Here is a link to the album: https://www.cdbaby.com/cd/myfriendfranklin2

It is so easy to enjoy the simple things in life while you are at the cabin.  Beautiful fall leaves, driving on the Blue Ridge Parkway, shopping at the general store, hot beverages, little girls in matching pajamas, buying mountain apples and apple cider, reading a book.  Life justs slows down here and it is fun to do pretty much nothing.  The leaves are absolutely beautiful and I feel so lucky to be here at this time.  Today we drove a little of the parkway.  At one point we made it to snow.  It was just amazing... pure white with some orange sprinkled in.  I can't believe we live so close to such breath-taking natural views.  What fun memories I have of this place and I hope our girls will too!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Mary,
My name is Jane and I'm with Dwellable.
I was looking for blogs about Waynesville to share on our site and I came across your post...If you're open to it, shoot me an email at jane(at)dwellable(dot)com.
Hope to hear from you soon!
Jane